DAY 1: BUDAPEST (Embarkation Day)
Passengers are welcome to board the ship. Join us for a welcome cocktail with the crew before dinner. Dinner will be served on board. In the evening, excursion common for both classic and discovery excursions packages: Evening of traditional entertainment in Budapest.
DAY 2: BUDAPEST - BRATISLAVA
CLASSIC: Sightseeing tour of Budapest, once two distinct cities that united only in 1873.
DISCOVERY (additional fee): Bike tour of Budapest. You'll see all the important sights of the city on an easy-paced ride, cycling through the historical center of Hungarian culture and many other of the legendary sites in Budapest.
The afternoon will be spent cruising to Bratislava.
DAY 3: BRATISLAVA - VIENNA
We'll arrive in Bratislava in the early morning. Excursions proposed:
CLASSIC: Guided tour of Bratislava. The charm of the Slovakian capital lies in its old city: splendid Baroque palaces, churches and pleasant squares.
DISCOVERY (additional fee): Hiking in Bratislava: The Little Carpathians. From Devin Castle, we'll take in the splendid view of Bratislava.
Our ship will cruise to Vienna. Enjoy a free evening or join us for the excursions proposed:
CLASSIC: Vienna by night.
DISCOVERY (additional fee): Onboard waltzing lessons.
DAY 4: VIENNA
CLASSIC: Visit Schoenbrunn Palace, former summer residence of the imperial family, and tour of part of Vienna.
DISCOVERY (additional fee): The high art of Viennese living: Music and Viennese cafes. We'll stroll through the city and visit back stage in the Konzerthaus concert hall. After our tour, enjoy a steaming cup of Vienna Coffee and a delicious pastry.
Afternoon excursion common for both classic and discovery excursions packages: Tour Hofburg Palace, an imperial march through history, art and luxury.
In the evening, OPTIONAL excursions proposed (not included in the classic and discovery excursions packages):
- Concert of Viennese music (subject to availability).
- An evening in Grinzing, a village on the outskirts of the city still holding much of its traditional charm and convivial atmosphere. You'll have a seat in a famous Heuriger tavern, where you'll be able to taste the local wines and other specialties from the region surrounded by authentic ambiance.
We'll begin to cruise during the night.
DAY 5: MELK - PASSAU
We'll cruise along the most beautiful section of the Wachau Valley before arriving in Melk. Excursion common for both classic and discovery excursions packages: Visit Dürnstein, the fortified village where Richard the Lionheart was once held prisoner.
In the afternoon, excursion common for both classic and discovery excursions packages: Visit the Melk Abbey. Originally a Baroque-style palace built between 1702 and 1736, it is now a Benedictine monastery that hosts a prestigious coed school with more than 900 students.
In the evening, we'll begin to cruise to Passau. Tonight is our gala evening.
DAY 6: PASSAU (Disembarkation Day)
Enjoy breakfast on board before disembarking.
- A valid passport is required for travel. Passports must be valid at least 6 months after the last day of travel.
- Please check visa requirements with your local consulate(s); responsibility for obtaining visas rests with the traveler.
For reasons of navigation and
passenger safety, the cruise operator and the Captain of the ship reserve
the right to modify the itinerary of the cruise
- Until further notice, it is only possible to select one of the 2 excursions packages on offer. You will thus only be able to book the Classic Package (included in the cruise price), OR the Dynamic Package (requires an additional fee) . Please advise at the time of booking the excursion package you wish to choose.